I’ve been M.I.A.A. (Last A for Again!). Busy at work + Stomach Virus + Busy at Work = No Time to Update… I turned 35 last Saturday (no midlife crisis…yet) so here are 35 little updates just for you from the last two weeks. Brace yourselves…. It might be a bit of picture overload over here.
1. Thursdays are my favorite days. Mainly because it’s my FRIDAY! My routine includes picking up Lili from school, finishing up my work and then scooping up the little guy. Sometimes if my brother and his girlfriend don’t go to the gym, we get to hang out with them for a bit — and the kids love it.
❤ Uncle EJ ❤
2. Fridays are for errands. I schedule doctors appointments, go food shopping, etc. I had an eye exam. After my exam, the little guy and I took a stroll in town.
I stopped at my mom and dad’s to go with my mom to Costco. I was going to stay for dinner but then my head was pounding (probably from contacts) and then my stomach was off. So I headed home.
3. And Saturday mornings are for the kids doctor’s appointment. Lili had her first dentist appointment.
4. Did you know they have TVs on ceilings for the kids and they get to wear cool sunglasses.
Disney? Nick, Jr.?
5. The dentist for kiddos are so much fun. Lili left there with more toys than if she stopped at Toys ‘R Us.
Princess Clean Teeth
6. Sunny Weekends are the BEST. It was a beautiful Saturday (05/29/15) so we ended up hanging in the yard.
7. Summertime = Sprinkle Fun.
8. And the sprinklers don’t end…
9. Sunday (5/31/15) was National Stroller Day. I made sure the night before that our Bob Jogger was ready to go. But first, we went to the track. I was pretty excited because woke up early and wanted to come with us.
10. They are seriously the best… Two loops around before starting my run with the kids.
Sanchez Relay Team
11. National Stroller Day. I did a run with the kids while Pedro finished his walk around the park also.
National Stroller Day
Two Sundays ago was my first run with the jogger since last summer. It was HARD! But so worth it.
12. We ended our run at the park and the kids were thrilled. Mainly because the spray playground was ON.
13. When P was done with his walk, he met us at the park and hung out before doing another walk.
The Fam Jam
14. And then it happened. I got so sick at 2pm. I was vomiting like crazy. And then it hit the kids… Needless to say, we caught the stomach bug and it was not pretty.
Stomach Bug 2015
15. I had to call out of work the next day. I must have done about 10 loads of laundry. It was awful. The next morning, we made some vegetable soup.
16. The kids acted pretty normal, for the most part.
Sick but Happy
But unfortunately a wave hit and S vomited three times. I made an appointment and then when we get to the parking lot, Lili vomits all over the parking lot. WHAT.A.DISASTER!!!!
17. Dr. can’t give anything but says it will pass and to keep giving fluids. Fun fact, S won’t drink pedialyte unless it’s in a syringe. So we’ll take that…
18. We all took another day off because everyone was still pretty sick. And yeah, just because we’re off doesn’t mean we don’t read books and do school work. Lili continued practicing her letters, read a book together and drew her picture of what the book was about.
Green Eggs and Ham
19. Everything that big sis does, lil bro must do…
20. National Running Day arrived…I hadn't run since Sunday (right before I got ill) and hadn't had a real meal in the last 5 days, but I didn't miss out on running. I felt okay and took it nice and slow.
21. Lili was scheduled to go back to school the next day, and S had another appointment. So after he was cleared, I headed back to work and yes… I was slammed.
At the Office
22. Thursday came (my favorite day) and I took some work home (but didn’t actually work on it till late Sunday evening). I was still exhausted and the office didn’t really expect me the rest of the week but I felt okay. I was starting my birthday weekend with a date.
23. Liliana’s teacher gave her a great report. She said that she was more advanced than some of the Pre-K kids going into Kindergarten and to continue doing what we’re doing at home. That made me happy! 🙂 So we went out for ice-cream.
I regretted it after. CHOCOLATE ICECREAM EVERYWHERE! Eh, we only live one.
24. P and I went to dinner while Mimi and my brother babysat. I gave them a bath before we left.
Kids waited for me to come home and sleep. Supposedly, Lili cried the minute I left.
25. My husband NEVER disappoints. He had a birthday letter and gift waiting for me early in the AM. He even wrapped it in the Outback bag that we had our leftovers in.
26. Lili helped me open it and immediately thought it was HER present. iPad Mini 3.
“Mommy, I love my new iPad”
27. I was disappointed to learn that the kids infected my in-laws. 😦 I didn’t want to do anything on my actual birthday because I was so upset about it, but then I got another birthday surprise!!!!
My best friends SURPRISED me!!! I was so excited to see them. I ended up making breakfast for everyone and we chatted for at least two hours!!!
28. My favorite birthday cake — CARVEL with EXTRA CRUNCHIES.
29. After they left, kids napped and then we headed out to have a picnic at the park. There was a special event going on, and I got another SURPRISE. My SIL and the kids came.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!
30. The kids had a blast.
Sab + Bas
Jules + Lili
31. We got home and ate dinner. Then we celebrated my birthday one last time as the attorney I worked for bought me a cake!
Perfect way to end the evening.
31. My second run with the jogger. We did a 5 mile run and it was tough.
32. And of course, after every run there’s a park.
Lili has become a PRO at climbing! So proud of that kid.
33. Monday night came and the Lili asked to go the park… AGAIN. Yeah, we’re kind of playground junkies over here. I was thrilled that P met us after work. He’s been so busy it was nice to have him on work night.
34. New favorite shirts in the house.
Lili may wear that for the 90s party we have to attend on Saturday.
35. Yes, we have a themed party to go to on Saturday. 1990s is the year for a 30th Birthday. I looked up some 90s look. I am deciding on this… Found a pair of palazzo pants ($10.00) and cropped top ($6.00).
Not sure if I’m going with it though. I may go with the overalls look.
Phew, and there you have it. 35 updates for the 35 year old birthday gal.
Birthday wishes? To get my running speed back — maybe faster. More races.
Themed parties? Do you like them?
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.