Strength/Core – COMPLETED
All week I have been trying to get on here to post something but it’s been pretty crazy at the office. At least it’s my Friday. Just a quick recap of the past weekend and early week.
1. Friday (2/26) I registered B for Pre-K and took him out to the diner. I love having dates with him.
We did the food shopping right after. My dad came home from the hospital on Friday so we visited briefly before we headed over to dance. He’s home the rest of this week and goes back for his transplant on Monday, March 7th.
2. I got to run 9 miles with my solemate, Cici, this past Saturday (2/27) and we had an amazing RUN. We did the first 7 miles at a regular pace and the last 2-miles at race pace. NAILED IT.
3. After my run, Lili and I met up with my best friend and her daughter for a Frozen Ball.
It was too much fun and so much cuteness involved.
She had so much fun. In fact, she kept saying she was going back tomorrow to see Queen Elsa. I had to break the news to her that we weren’t going back.
3. Sunday (2/28), I woke up and did weights. Then I had to bake brownies and cookies for our brunch with P’s family.
We got to his parents’ house at around 11:15.
It was a great spread and everything was delicious.
It was 60-degrees out so after brunch we took the kids to the park.
They didn’t want to leave but B needed a nap. So we got home, put him down and then Lili and I read some books. Her reading is getting so much better. Then when B woke up, the kids and I headed over to spend some time with my dad. I gave them a bath there and as soon as we got home they were in bed.
4. Monday (2/29) my grandfather turned 20 years old. He’s a leap baby. We didn’t get to see him this year. We’re hoping we’ll see him after my dad’s transplant. I woke up and ran 3-miles before the whole morning routine drill. After work, the kids and I headed over to the library for story/craft.
They read Wiggles and made a little wiggle dog.
We were home by 7:15 and I started dinner.It was a long day.
5. Tuesday (3/1) I did another short run before work. After work I took the kids to gymnastics.
It’s a new session. The kids love gymnastics. Good news is it’s down the street from the house. I got home and made my dad’s bistek (beef steak and onions).
P must have been craving it because he ate two plates. I put the kids down and they took forever to sleep. As soon as they did, I cleaned up the kitchen, living room and dining room and then I took out the big old arts/crafts box and prepared activities for the next night. Also, I decorated the room for Dr. Seuss’ birthday.
I was out by 1 AM only to be up running 4-miles at 6. The things you do for your kids. They’re worth it.
6. Celebrating Seuss (3/2). After work yesterday, I place a pizza and chicken wings that I had marinating from that morning into the oven. We had one hour to do our Seuss activities.
We had a lot of fun. Dinner was ready close to 8, so after, I put kids down and literally passed out with them. I basically left the kitchen a bit of a mess but good news is, our lovely cleaning lady comes today.
I have another busy weekend coming up including my dad’s big 60th birthday and Sabrina’s confirmation. Lots to celebrate. Also, as cold as it is today and the impending snow we are supposed to get tomorrow — we’re supposed to hit temps up to 70s next week. So excited.
Who else is ready for Spring?