Wake Me Up, Wednesday

3-Mile Run – COMPLETED

I’m working on very little sleep over here and on my second cup of coffee at the office.  When I picked up the kids last night, B was not feeling well.  In fact, he had gotten worse from last week, so it made sense to schedule an appointment with him the next morning.  I could already hear from the receptionist’s voice that it was going to be a crazy wait. There’s nothing you can do but wait.

In any event, I was exhausted.  I had dinner ready to go into the oven but P said he wanted Mexican food so he ordered something and I happily got on the treadmill for an easy 3.5 mile run.  I was supposed to run that morning but the night before P slept in the room closest to the treadmill and I didn’t want to wake him, so did a morning strength workout.  When dinner came, we ate and it was not the best meal ever.  Seriously, I took just a few bites and pushed my plate to the side.  What a waste… I gave the kids a bath and I went down when they did.  Oh, so tired…

I’ve been waking up half an hour later than usual. B has been having off nights and last night, I really thought he was going to vomit.  TMI.  He insisted on sleeping without a shirt on because he felt like it was choking him. His exact works, “It’s tooooooo much. It’s toooooo much!” while holding onto the collar of the shirt.  Anyhow, I was able to run without interruptions and both kids walked out of the room holding hands.  Then it was the morning routine of getting them up and out of the house. This time, P took Lili to school while I took B to the doctor’s.

sick kid

It was a FULL HOUSE! Not one parking spot in their lot (had to find street parking) and not one chair available.  A woman was kind enough to offer her seat but I told her I could stand.

Diagnosis: Wheezing and congestion.  Treatment: Nebulizer treatments x 3. Hopefully his lungs will clear up stat.

Of course I was famished. I just had a handful of granola that my SIL’s SIL made for me. She’s so sweet.  When I got to the office, we were practically ordering lunch, but I dug into more snacks.


Have you tried this one out yet? It’s delicious.

I ordered fresh mozzerella, roasted red peppers and arugula on a sub.  I ate half of it and I’m saving the other half for dinner.  It’s Ash Wednesday so that means no meat on Wednesday and Fridays.  I still have to go to mass this evening.

Who else has a cold? Any home remedies you use to kick the cold to the curb? Honey and lemon.  Mmmmm.


4 thoughts on “Wake Me Up, Wednesday

  1. Hope they feel better soon! Have other kids got the same symptoms? Maybe there’s something toxic in the air nearby or maybe something in your house (in the walls) that’s making them sick? Maybe load ’em up with fruit help up vitamin C!

  2. Aww, man! I feel so bad for you and the whole family! You’re taking a big hit over there!

    Sending lots of get well vibes, and kudos for still getting sh*t done!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s