Ten on a Monday

I haven’t ran 10 miles before work in a very long time.  I want to say it was around February 2013, I did a tempo run with Cici.  Today, I had to run my 10 on the trusty tread.  I knew it would be difficult for me and P to both get up, especially since P is home with the kids today. 

That quote says it all, even moreso when I have to run double digits on the tread.  Ugh. I am glad it worked out though. 

The weekend was nice.  I had a 4-day weekend (and am paying for it at the office because I am so busy).  I took off on Thursday to be with the kids and we decided to go down the shore.  We ended up going to my SIL’s cousin’s house, Heather.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day.

There were a few girls her age that kept coming in and out so Lili had playmates the entire time.  When I asked her if she wanted to go to the beach, she declined.  She was enjoying herself at the pool.

We all had such a great time.  It happeed to be Heather’s mom’s birthday also, so it was nice to celebrate with her.

We left around 5 and fortunately did not hit much traffic.  Both kids fell asleep on the ride home. 🙂 When we got home, it was baths and dinner.  Then SLEEP.  We were all exhausted and had a busy day the next day.  I ended up doing laundry.  

Friday morning, I ended up going food shopping with the kids at 7:45AM. I slacked a bit and never made it out.  We were home by 8:15 and I needed to gather our things together before we headed out. We were going to Land of Make Believe with my BIL and niece.

Ticktets aren’t too bad.  It’s $26/adults and $28 for kids. Kids under 2 are free.  Unlimited rides, waterpark, etc.  You get your money’s worth for sure. Our plan was DRY rides first, water park, then dry rides one last time.

The kids had SO much fun.  A half hour into dry rides, B got tired so I nursed him in a cute little private gazebo and then he fell asleep.

My BIL took the girls on more dry rides before we headed over to the water park area.

It was a fantastic time.  The kids ate lunch at the water area and then John and I had some lunch when we were heading back to the dry ride area.

Last stop was milkshakes for the kids and HOME.   

It took us about an hour and 20 minutes to get home.  Exhausted! The kids had a blast though. So I was happy.  I gave the kids a bath and then dinner.  

Saturday was light.  I ran 3-miles and we ate breakfast.  I wanted to take kids to the library but it was closed. 😦  So after kids napped I went food shopping with the both kids and then we came home.

P had his friend, Pete, over for dinner.  I grilled burgers and dogs and baked brownies and cookies. It was good. The kids went to bed fairly early.

We are having crazy hot weather over here.  Gross and icky.  So Sunday I ran a few miles on the tread and called it a day.  We had a few errands to run… OH and great news… that morning my PHONE was hooked up.  Wow, a month and a half without a phone.  Crazy.

I finally had TIME to work on my flag. I will explain this more in detail on Wednesday.  My materials had been dusting away.  I procrastinate, I know… But I like to think I work better under pressure.

I hope the finished product looks nice.  I still have to sew everythig on.  ðŸ™‚

When was the last time you went to a waterpark? Love them or hate them?  Sad and true story. I used to work with this woman who lost her husband in the wave. I think it was Action Park.  Over 15 years ago he ended up drowning. Those waves are pretty scary.  I remember being on one when I as younger. If it gets you in, you need to know how to swim somewhat well. 

Who’s ready for cool weather??? ME ME ME.  Just not snow. LOL


One thought on “Ten on a Monday

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s