Icy Monday

Ashtanga Yoga – COMPLETED

I’m currently at home blogging in my living watching the baby run back and forth from one end of the room to the next. Oh yeah, Grey’s Anatomy reruns are on too. We had an icy-storm last night and it was a horrible morning. The office had a noon-delay but I had to drop off Lili (she had a two hour delay at school) and Mondays are my day to pick-up, so it was ridiculous for me to go in for two hours, leave (with a messy commute) and drive back. I guess it works out because I still have this nasty cough that I can’t get rid of and it’s driving me nuts!!!!!

Weekend was good. Friday, I dropped Lili off at school and then did some laundry. I put down baby for a nap and then went to my girlfriend’s house to hang for a bit.



We left around 2 to scoop up Lili. We came home, did a little bit of unwinding and then I started dinner. I gave the kids a bath and then we ate. P came home later so Lili and I had our game night together.


One round of Headbandz and a few rounds of Old Maid. She was so mad when she lost the first round.


She didn’t even want to take that picture. After game night, we just hung out and then went to bed. She was tired.

Saturday morning, it was COLD!!! FREEZING COLD!!! So I ran 6-miles on the treadmill and then stretched it out with the little guy.


I showered and then read a book with Lili and she drew her picture. We did a Dr. Seuss book this time. She loves this book.




She did an amazing job.


After, we took a nice nap. When we woke up, we played and did a few other things. I had a 10 mile run scheduled with friends.

Unfortunately, my cough got worse Saturday into Sunday. I could NOT stop coughing at night. I woke up feeling really horrible. I got up and fed the kids… then did what any other runner training for a race does even when they’re sick… pulled out the treadmill.


I’ve ran long distances on the tread but for some reason I was having a hard time with this one. I wanted to quit at 4, but then kept going. At mile 6 I wanted to give in, but I kept going. At mile 8.5 Lili needed me in the bathroom — but I got back on and finished. 10 freaking miles on the treadmill . HARD. My favorite part was Lili helping me get the kinks out


We had a tea party right after.


I showered after and we played some more. It’s what we do at home when it’s cold and someone’s sick.


I did two loads of laundry and I even cleaned the house and someone helped me.


And baked my favorite cookies. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies… and banana bread for the kids.



and then we ordered pizza and wings for the game.




P and I won $200 in the football pool. But I was hoping that the Seahawks would win. BOO.

Did you watch the Super Bowl? Win any money in a pool?

What was your Super Bowl menu like?


7 thoughts on “Icy Monday

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Try some hot lemon, with chunks of fresh ginger, cinnamon and cayenne pepper in. It helped shift my bad chesty cough I had a few months ago. Lots of fresh vitamin C too, kiwis, grapefruit etc, but don’t have any within 30 mins each side of tea/coffee. Absorption isn’t as good! As for the Super Bowl. That’s something Americans go crazy over! We have the FIFA World Cup!

  2. I’m proud of you for making those 10 miles happen! On the mill – it ain’t easy! I can’t wait to get back out there with you, Soley!

    • SOON SOLEY, SOON!!!! The weather has been awful this season and we love winter running. UGH!!! I want a good trail run in the snow but I know that will have to wait till next winter.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s