Never a Dull Moment

7:00 AM: 3.6-Mile Run w/ Tamar and Lili in Jogger – COMPLETED

I was determined to get a run in this morning since I have my 35-week OB/GYN appointment today. I think this means that after this appointment, I will have weekly visits till I deliver. I can’t believe the countdown is on one hand and we haven’t even prepared a thing for baby #2. Meanwhile, our tenants have a baby due in December and we hear them doing so many renovations to their place. Pedro and I are like, “wow, I wish I had their motivation!” And no, it’s not their first baby, however, both their boys are already 11 and 8 so it is almost like a first baby again.

Anyhow, my weekend was wonderful. Here’s out it went down.

FRIDAY: The big boss had his last meeting at 12 (they were half an hour late) and it was over by 12:30. As soon as they left he says, “Hey, Rach. You ready to go?” He didn’t even finish that last word and I had my bag on my shoulder walking towards the front door. HA. Pedro was at the park with Lili and they were getting ready to head home.

Peek-A-Boo, I -see-You

Peek-A-Boo, I -see-You

I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Lili was angry that they were leaving, but they had played for about an hour and it was HOT out. As soon as I got home, she was a bit cranky and getting ready for a nap. I put her down then got dressed to meet Tamar for a quick run. We did 3-miles, albeit slow, it was dreadfully hot out, so I had to stop every so often. Then we parted ways. We had plans to run the next morning though. When I got home, I hung out with Pedro and then ordered an early dinner since Pedro was heading out to Brooklyn to hang out with a friend. I showered and Lili woke up at some point. We played, then I gave her a nice long bath and then put her down. I laid in bed with her the whole time as P left at around 8:45. It was a nice quiet evening with lots of me getting up to pee moments.

Saturday: I slept weird since I kept getting up and even got a little worried when P wasn’t home at 4AM. He finally walked through the front door at 4:45 and I slept better. Lili and I hung out in bed till close to 8 and finally peeled out. First thing I did was make breakfast and then we painted. She went down for a nap earlier than usual and woke up at around 12:50 (when Pedro woke up). We ate lunch and then I showered and Lili and I went food shopping. We came home and then unpacked everything. I had a load of laundry going and then we headed out to the craft store. When we returned, Pedro set our stations up and Lili and I painted again. It was so much fun!!!

Painting 101

Painting 101

We didn’t have real paints because I didn’t want to spend the money on them yet. BUT I want to start painting for fun and as a hobby. You know, I should really be um, packing a hospital bag and pulling out newborn onesies and all.

Future Picaso

Future Picaso

So yeah, I took a much needed rest day and just had family fun. We ate dinner, I gave Lili a bath and then we put her down for the night. I laid out running clothes because I was determined to definitely run.

I woke up at around 6:45 and saw Tamar’s text. I was running a little behind but she was perfectly fine with that and we met up by 7:20. We weren’t sure how many miles we were going to cover and I would have been okay for anything over 8+ but I didn’t pack fuel and Lili was getting cranky so I did about 5.65 miles and Tamar had about 6.5 (and she went to the gym after!).

Run with the Girls

Run with the Girls

As soon as we were done, I told Lili I’d take her to the park and she was finally in better spirits. I’m not kidding when I tell you she was giving me the evil eye the last mile of our run. HA.

Sunday Park Fun

Sunday Park Fun

We stayed about an hour and then headed home. I make pancakes and Pedro joined us for breakfast. I finally put Lili down for a nap at around 11 and then showered. I straightened up a bit and then when Lili woke up, we got ready to go to the zoo.

Wait, penguins? Eh, not impressed.

Wait, penguins? Eh, not impressed.

She was too funny. Pedro would point to the animals, like, “Hey, Lili check out the monkey right there!” and Lili would point to the monkey’s water and say, “Hey papa, water!” HAHAHAAH. It was hysterical. The zoo was so incredibly hilly and it was hot. We left after an hour and 15-minutes but it was fun.

Hey Elephant... Now, don't eat me!

Hey Elephant… Now, don’t eat me!

HURRY MOM... This elephant looks hungry.

HURRY MOM… This elephant looks hungry.

Just me.

Just me.

My favorite man in my life.

My favorite man in my life.



We got home close to 5:45 and ate an early dinner. After dinner, we played a little bit more and then I baked cookies.


I put them away and gave Lili a bath. I read her a book and she was in bed by 9. Unfortunately, I felt queasy and vomited twice. Then I did my nails and called it a night by 12:15. Thank goodness I laid out running clothes.

Have you been to the zoo lately? What’s your favorite animal?

We asked Lili what her favorite animal was and she said the elephant. There really weren’t any elephants except the statue she took a picture with so we thought that was funny. πŸ™‚

Anybody else have a short week this week? I’ll be busy today and tomorrow and my boss leaves for vacation Wed. Then I’m off Thurs.-Mon. Oh yeah..

Anyone else racing this weekend?
I’m debating on the 5k or 10k.

Hope everyone had a wonderful start to the week. I’m about to scoot out and head over to my doctor’s appointment.


8 thoughts on “Never a Dull Moment

  1. Hello short work week happiness!! I have Friday off and then Tuesday next week. EXCITEMENT. I really need a break too.

    Looks like a great weekend! Lili is such a little diva like her mama πŸ˜‰

  2. What a fun weekend! I love the painting easels!!! And stop posting photos of food, girl. You’re making me hungry! Cookies look delish!

    I haven’t taken Avery to the zoo since last year, but going to my parents house with the dogs and cat is like a 24/7 petting zoo! Avery LOVES animals. Dogs and cats are his favorite. Me, I’d like my own little personal penguin!

    • I’m hoping that my sis-in-law and kids will polish the cookies off tomorrow that way I won’t have any in the house. I gave some to my OB/GYN who requested it. LOL

      BTW, quick question. How do you upload pics to your blog? I am running out of memory space (99%). I signed up for FLICKR but don’t know how to upload it on here. I’m so confused…

      • I use Flickr. Top left on the menu bar it says ‘upload. select that and you can drag/drop photos from a folder or u can click the center of the screen and it’ll pop up a window so u can go get your photos from a folder on your computer.

      • hahah. are you using your phone or a computer? on the computer after i login in the top left there are links ‘flickr, you, contacts, etc. and one is upload.

    • I won’t lie to you — I was nervous about being in my third trimester during the summer, but I was fortunate to have any swelling other than in the belly area. Phew. And don’t worry — it goes by fast. By the time you know it, you’ll be holding your sweet baby. I am assuming you are not finding out the sex?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s