I see a lot of these posts on Year in Reviews, so I figured, why not jump on the bandwagon. I have to say, 2011 has been quite an amazing year for me. Let’s break it down:
1. Have a healthy pregnancy. We found out I was pregnant on October 19, 2010. I wrote about that in a one-year later post, here. I knew that when I got pregnant, I wanted to continue being healthy and continue running. In fact, I had to change my OB/GYN of 11+ years because she frowned upon running while pregnancy. I was not happy with that decision, and so I found the best OB/GYN ever. I ran throughout my pregnancy, including the day I went into the hospital to deliver my baby, which happened to be when I turned 40-weeks pregnant. I can only hope that I have the same pregnancy the second time around and that I am as active as I was this past pregnancy.
2. Join a Running Group. I have always been a loner when it came to running. My iPod and running shoes. During my pregnancy, I met Courtney from GOTR and we both happened to be pregnant at the same time. I was just four weeks ahead of her. She was a part of a running group and we ran together for most of our pregnancy. I have to say, running with friends is pretty fun! It makes the time go by fast. I joined this running group and funny thing is, my OB/GYN runs in this group. It worked out well, just in case my water broke during a long run.
3. Race, even if Pregnant. I ran a total of six (6) races while I was pregnant (and none post-pregnant, HA!). They included three 5ks, a 10-miler, half-marathon and 5-miler. One was even when I was 39-weeks pregnant. I was hoping this would induce labor, but no dice.
4. Have a safe & easy deliver. Unfortunately, my water didn’t break. I was induced at 40-weeks + 1-day and I had an absolutely easy delivery. I can’t say if it helped that I worked out almost every single day, but I have to say that delivering a baby was painless to me and my recovery level was AMAZING. Just 5-hours of labor and 10-minutes of pushing, we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl.
5. Get my Pre-Pregnant Body Back & More. Every pregnant woman dreads the post-pregnancy phase. Will I ever get my body back after being stretched out and about?!? A lot of things change once you have a baby. For once in your life, things don’t go on YOUR time; it’s always on baby’s time. What I learned is, you have to be patient. I just had this beautiful baby girl and there’s nothing I would do differently. I work out a lot at home, schedule runs with group, run during lunch, and workout with my bumblebee.
So far, I am 5-6 lbs. below my pre-pregnant weight and I’m still losing. I can’t complain after only 6-months.
6. ORGANIZE. I’m such a hoarder. It was time to throw out the old and put in the new. I finally organized most of the closets in the house. There are still two major closets that need a clean up, and I have to go through Lili’s closet again, but other than that, this was a half-successful plan. Though there are still two-days left in 2011, there’s still a way to get this squared away. Wishful thinking?
7. Save money. Every year, I make this a resolution. Unfortunately, it’s always an unsuccessful goal. Pedro and I are really trying. We’ve got the ball rolling on this plan for 2012. Fingers crossed that our refi with the mortgage goes as planned and we can start saving an extra $1,000+.
What’s in store for 2012? I’m still making a list and perfecting it. I’ll have that up next.
Did you write a list of things you wanted to accomplish in 2011? Did you start your 2012 list?