7:00 AM: 5-Mile Run – COMPLETED
Is it going to snow all day today? Well, if it does, it will be an early dismissal at work, and that’s always good news. Also, when it snows, everyone cancels their appointments, so mayhaps we won’t be opened at my other job this Saturday. Now that would be *sweet*.
Last night, P requested a Shepard’s Pie. My wonderful friend (whom I also work with) was going grocery shopping so she picked up some ground-beef for me and a red pepper. I figured it’ll make good leftovers if we’re stuck at home. I decided to make chicken parmesan for myself. Yes, I usually do make two dinners for us. Yes, it can be overwhelming, but I’ve pretty much mastered it after being together for almost 5 years.
My MIL gave me the recipe, and though it calls for green peas, DH prefers for me not to add them in unless we’re having company. It’s pretty easy to make.
1 garlic clove
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1/2 red pepper
1 T of olive oil
1 T of butter
2.5 cups of your choice of shredded cheese. We use mozzarella because that’s what he likes.
*optional 1 cup of green peas
Directions: (Pre-heat oven to 350-degrees)
1. Peel and dice potatoes. Boil in water with garlic.
2. Dice onions and red peppers. sauté in olive oil. Add ground beef and cook till brown. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. When potatoes are done (if diced, they’re usually done in 45-min.) drain and mix with egg, baking powder and butter.
4. Transfer half of the mushed potato in a deep dish pan. Cover pan completely. Add ground beef, peppers and onions, layer with shredded cheese. Transfer the other half of the mushed potato on top and cover completely. Pat butter and layer the rest of the mozzerella.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until slightly browned up.
He adds ketchup to it (but don’t be fooled. He adds ketchup to everything including spaghetti and meatballs, gross).
I ate Whole Wheat linguine with Chicken Parmesan. It was delicious and I whipped this baby up in 25-minutes.
Mmmm. Looking at it again is making me hungry.
Oh, looks like we’ll be having lots of leftovers. Hey, no complaints here.
In other news, I’m 15-weeks and 4-days. They say that this week baby will start sucking his/her thumb. Well, our baby is advanced. Sucking his/her thumb at week 12. Oh yeah…
Time to get to work. Let’s hope for an early dismissal.